Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Funny Valentine

what was left our our dessert plate.....nothing!

My husband told me that he was planning a late Valentine's Day surprise for me. He wouldn't tell me what it was, but told me that I would need to be ready to leave our apartment at 7:00 on Friday night and to have an overnight bag packed. I LOVE surprises! I am not good at keeping surprises, but Keith is. He didn't need to do anything else for Valentine's Day. He cooked me dinner and dessert on Wednesday, plus cleaned up afterwards! That would have been more than enough. But, I must admit, I was anxiously awaiting the surprise. I came home from work on Friday, packed my bag and got ready to go. Keith came home from work and told me we had 7:30 dinner reservations. He took me to my favorite restaurant of all time- The Melting Pot. We had a lovely, romantic corner booth. The food was good, the conversation was even better, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect meal. As you can see from the picture above, we ate every last morsel from our plate! (For those of you who don't know, The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant. You have four courses and you cook right there at your table.) After the Melting Pot we checked into our room at the St. Louis Hilton at the Ballpark. This is a new hotel built overlooking the new Busch Stadium. It was a nice little getaway, to stay in a hotel in the city, even though we live in St. Louis.

I did manage to make a mistake while we were there. I was looking for music on the tv and came across a station where you can access all these cd's. I chose Norah Jones. The tv told me that we would get a 5 minute preview. What it didn't tell me was, if you didn't turn off the station after the 5 minute preview, you paid $14.99 for two hours of music! So, we were charged $14.99 for a Norah Jones cd that is sitting in our collection at home! I felt like such a dork. I had to take Keith to Uncle Bill's House of Pancakes the next morning to make up for that lil mistake! Lesson learned.

So, basically, my husband won major points this week/weekend. He is always amazing, but the last few days he has really gone above and beyond his normal "amazing-ness".

Thank you honey for wonderful Valentine's Days!


No comments: