Thursday, February 15, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness Week

I just learned that February 12-18, 2007 is "Random Acts of Kindness Week".
What a great week. I wish I would have known this three days ago. (Not that I should need a designated week to do random acts of kindness)

I am going to try to commit a random act of kindness today and for the next 3 days.
I urge you all to try as well.....
If you are having trouble thinking of ideas- here are a few suggestions:

  • Smile at everyone you walk past
  • Send an anonymous bouquet of flowers to a resident at a nursing home
  • Give another driver the close parking spot
  • Donate blood
  • Shovel your neighbor's driveway
  • Write letters to your parents or children and let them know how special they are
  • Put change in someone's expired parking meter
  • Give hugs to your friends and loved ones
  • Give everyone a compliment
  • In a drive thru, pay for the car's order behind you
  • Adopt an animal from the Humane Society
  • Offer your time as a Big Brother or Sister
  • Make a special treat for co-workers or Bible Study
  • Call a loved one just to say "I'm thinking about you"
  • Make amends with someone you have been holding a grudge against

"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted." ~ Aesop

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of sending flowers to a person at a nursing home. When gpa was there for a couple months before he died, I think I shriveled up inside every time I walked in that place. It made me so uneasy and sad and just depressed. I hated seeing people like that....die like that. I still do. It was a huge wake-up call. I just love this idea. I wish I had enough money to do it for every person in a home. I think I will do this, Corie. :)

As far as donating blood, can I be exempt from that one ? I cant donate...I've tried. I pass out. I just can't do it.

Unknown said...

I also wanted to say that I'm happy to say I've done the parking meter one every time I have used one recently. It's such a nice thing to do, and an easy thing to do. And I also paid for a couple's coffee standing in line behind me, recently. It not only makes these people's days, but your own. It really is a nice feeling :) Thanks for sharing all these, Cor. xo