Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Shopping Update

Val left a comment on my "Material Girl" blog. She asked me how I felt after not buying anything. You know what, I feel great. It is still difficult. When we were at the grocery store on Sunday I really, really, really wanted to buy the new Life & Style magazine (my guilty pleasure), but I resisted. My heart knew that I would not find happiness from buying, but my head just wasn't listening. I still think my head thinks that some form of happiness will come from things. I will be glad to get through 2 full weeks and notice the difference in my checkbook. :)

I haven't started my 'material purge' yet, but I did take 'before' pictures. After I have completed the purge, I will post before and after pictures so you can see the results. I am really excited to find a day to devote to downsizing. I told my mom that I was going to write a book about my experience and call it "Full Closet, Empty Life". (even though I don't believe my life is empty by any means, but the closets don't bring fulfillment)

I must admit, I still really want those shoes that I never bought online.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Corie, why to go, girlfriend! I'm really happy for you. I'm glad it's a good feeling - now maybe you'll stay in your "flow" and will convert others to doing so, too. :) You're inspiring me to!

And I think you should write that book! What a great title! And you are a great author! :)