Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two thumbs down

Keith and I watched about a zillion movies last weekend. One of the movies we rented was 'Running With Scissors'. I wish I would have ran with some scissors and fallen on them before I wasted some of my Saturday afternoon watching this movie. I should have known better- I read the book and really liked it. There was no way the movie was going to do the book justice. As a matter of fact, the movie in comparison to the book, was a big disappointment. The book is very detailed and descriptive, with extremely developed characters. That would be very difficult to capture in a movie. We actually turned the movie off before it was even over.

I don't recommend the movie, if you want the real story (and it is a doozy of a story), read the book. It's worth it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's the plot about? Now I'm interested! :)

Corie said...

It is a man's memoir that he wrote about his childhood and teenage years. He had the most insane upbringing you could ever imagine. I couldn't even do the story justice trying to explain. :)
I don't know how anyone survives such a childhood!