Saturday, June 16, 2007

Poor hubby......

My husband has been sick since Wednesday. He came home from work not feeling well. By Thursday, he had gotten worse. He was having joint aches, nausea and back pain. He stayed home from work and class on Thursday, which is a rarity for Keith. I knew that he wasn't feeling well at all when he called in. He couldn't keep any food or liquid down on Thursday, which of course worried me. I just chalked it up to the flu at first.

I begged him not to go to work on Friday, but my husband can be stubborn. He did go to work and said he was feeling better. He even managed to eat a cheese toastie and tomato soup for dinner! Yeah!

Last night he woke up with nausea and back pain around 3:00am. I woke up at 6:15 this morning and his side of the bed was empty. He had been up, walking around, laying on the couch for 3 hours. (He later told me that he was scared at that point). He called his clients and cancelled this morning. We called our doctor, but her office is closed on Saturdays.

After talking to my friend Tracy (who is a nurse) and Keith's aunt (another nurse), I started to wonder if he had something wrong with his kidneys. I wanted to take him to the Urgent Care Center, but he did not want to go. He said it would cost too much money and would just wait for our Dr. on Monday. After a nap and some more coaxing on my behalf, he agreed to go to Urgent Care. They weren't busy and we got in and out in less than an hour. Keith was diagnosed with a kidney infection, prescribed some antibiotics and anti-nausea meds and sent home.

I am so thankful that he agreed to go and we found out what the problem is. The dr. told us that if he had waited, he could have ended up in the hospital with IV antibiotics.

So, he is relaxing on the couch, watching the US Open. I don't know how golf is funny, but it must be because he is laughing (a very good sign!).

Oh, in the dr. office, I said "Babe, I sure hope you don't have kidney stones." He said "Yeah, me too. I'd hate to have a baby before you do." It made me laugh. That's my husband, no matter how much pain he is in, he is still trying to make me feel better!

No comments: