Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Goodbye, Hello

I traded in my VW Beetle. It was time. The car was old, piling on the miles, the a/c didn't work, the cruise didn't work, heck, the spedometer didn't even work. It stopped at 65mph, so anything over that was a complete guessing game. Plus, I have decided that a 2-door car is not for me. I am a 4-door kind of girl.

So, here is a picture of me kissing my Beetle goodbye.


I bought a new Saturn Ion. I thought for sure I would be a Volkswagen girl until the end (I had a Jetta before my Beetle). The one thing I really miss is the "flip-out" key. Fellow VW owners, you know what I am talking about. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for VW, but it was time for a change.

Here is my new mode of transportation...


I was so fortunate to get 0% financing with my loan! Oh, and I get free OnStar for one year. Keith and I activated it together. It was really weird to hear the woman talk in my car. I cannot wait to be out of town and call OnStar to ask where the nearest book store, shoe store or coffee house is!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, you upgraded to a wonderful car!! We had a Stuarn a few years back and LOVED IT!!

Thanks for the well wishes for my birthday on my blog today. You made my day even more special :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

Congrats on the new purchase!! Cool car!

Unknown said...

Corie, was it hard giving up VW? (I'm so partial, ya know!) I may have to give up on VW all together come Oct. I want to get another, but my pocketbook might not support it since I have to go up (as in, get a bigger car), and the only option there is the Toureg or big honkin' van. I would love the Toureg, but well, you know, money. Anyway, let me know how you handled giving up the VW mentally. I'm not sure I can do it. Ha! :)

Congrats on your new pretty!