Sunday, July 22, 2007

Reading Challenge Update

Ramblings From Life is sponsoring a Summer Reading Challenge. Just a great way to motivate people to read more this summer. The challenge started June 1 and is going through Labor Day. (A great idea, by the way, Alexis!)

I, being the book lover that I am, jumped at the chance to challenge myself!
I set a goal for myself of 15 books, just a little over one book per week. I just finished my 9th book today. I am right on target to complete my goal. You can chart my progress on my sidebar.

I have to admit, Karen Kingsbury is still my favorite author, by far. I am getting ready to start "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. I haven't read any of her books yet, but have heard that her stories are really good. I'm also in the middle of "Facing Your Giants" by Max Lucado. I can read one fiction and one non-fiction book at the same time, so that is usually what I will do.

If you have any favorite books or authors, leave me a post and let me know. We are planning a trip to the beach during the last week of the reading challenge, so I plan on having my nose buried in a book for a majority of the week! What books are must-reads for you?!?!?

Oh, and for those of you who may not know me.... the title of my blog- "My Life as a Book" (which I owe to my friend Val, over at Purple Valley!) refers to my last name. Once I got married, my name changed to Book. Val took my love of books and my married name and came up with the catchy title and designed my header. Isn't she creative?!?! Just a lil tidbit of information...... :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, I have been WAY too busy to read almost anything. My goal was to read 15 books by the September weekend and I think I've only read 2 : ( I'm very disappointed. In a normal summer 15 would be no problem. I guess I'm too busy making friends, lol! I think it is so funny that you dreamed about me. And no I don't think you're psycho. I consider you one of my friends : ) I think it would be great to be there and visit with you! One day maybe I'll make a bloggie holiday or something and take a road trip and visit all my new friends. That would be awesome. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!