Saturday, August 25, 2007

Beach Bound!


(I cannot take credit for this picture- downloaded it from the internet!)
Keith and I leave tonight for Destin, Florida. We are going for one week, with his parents, to a beachfront condo. The beach, in general, is one of my favorite places in the world, so I have been looking forward to this for weeks now! We are driving down there (about 11 hours), leaving tonight around 7:00pm, arriving first thing tomorrow morning. I was hoping to get there in time to see the sunrise over the ocean, but think we will miss it, especially if we have numerous bathroom stops.

I still have to pack. The only thing in my suitcase are my swimsuits and the new books I bought especially for the trip (5 in all- this is where I meet my goal for Alexis's Summer Reading Challenge!).

Our condo has Wi-Fi, so I won't be shut off from the world of internet. :)
Hopefully there won't be alot of residual rain from Hurricane Dean.

Here's to sun and sandy beaches....

4 comments:

Christy G said...

nice to meet you too!! i love the blogging world and the randomness of it :) i'm so jealous you are in destin. i go there every summer. it's so beautiful!! hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Alexis Jacobs said...

We went to Destin a few years ago and I LOVED it there. Such a beautiful area. A great beach for reading :)

Juryizstillout said...

I'm a Florida native and have never been to Destin! I have no excuse...ya'll have a rockin' time!

Unknown said...

Are you still there? Hope you had a great time!!! :)