Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh-So Appalled!

Yahoo! Homepage had a headline that caught my eye- "Expiration Date for Marriage".

WHAT?!?!

I had to read it. The content of the article leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

As you may know from previous posts, I am a huge advocate for marriage.
Well, there is a German politician, Gabrieli Pauli, who is proposing an expiration date for marriages!

Can you believe this?

She is suggesting that marriages last for 7 years and then expire. The couple can then agree to extend the marriage or it will automatically dissolve.

It's a MARRIAGE, not a gallon milk! Marriages don't have expiration dates!

Appalled doesn't even begin to cover it.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the world coming to? That makes me angry just reading your synopsis of the article, I don't think I'll be able to read the whole thing! What a load of crapola! People are nuts.

Anyway, I hope your day is going well and I hope you have a great weekend!
God bless :)

Sarah said...

Sadly 7 years is when people get "the itch" not that that makes it okay to dissolve a marriage just because.

Til death do us part. Think people sometimes forget that part of their vows.

Karen said...

Well, Corrina Habernathy...I don't even know what to say...this coming from a 3x divorcee. I know you work really hard on your marriage. Thats the answer I think. Not everyone wants or is willing or even knows to do that. I can say looking back that I simply didn't know. Life is difficult..marriage is difficult. But I don't think after seven years you decide if you wanna renew it.. That's just plain ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

I am also appalled. I've been saying this for years, People now days, it seems, think marriage is as disposable as a plastic bag you throw away. It is hard, but all relationships are hard. There definitely are circumstances where divorce is warranted. But come on people, everything in life worth having is worth fighting for.

Linda