Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm Back!!!

I know that some of you have been faithfully checking my blog and waiting for my return. Well, I'm back and with news.....

I'm PREGNANT!
Here's proof......


I took these tests on Wednesday October 3. I was over a week late and that never happens! The first test came back positive and I just kept looking at the test and then the instructions, back to the test and then the instructions. I knew I saw the positive sign, but I just couldn't believe it!!! That explained the "symptoms" I had been having. (By the way, I had my first Dr. appt. 2 weeks ago and I am about 9 weeks along, with a due date of June 3)

It has been a roller coaster of a month. We are ultimately so excited for this addition to our family, but with that excitement comes a lot of worry, fear and nervousness too. Since we weren't "trying", I hadn't been preparing myself physically. No vitamins, watching what I was eating or anything like that. That caused me a lot of worry at first. After much reassurance from my mommy friends, those worries passed. Then came the worries of whether or not I would be able to carry a child without something going wrong (still a bit of a worry for me). My concerns were all based on the next 8-9 months, while Keith's concerns were all post-Baby. My friend Beth made an excellent observation. She said, "Isn't it amazing how God wires us? The woman focusing on her nurturing role right away, with concerns about the baby's health and well being. The man focusing on his role as a provider, with concerns about our home, our jobs, finances". She was so right and it is amazing- we had known we were going to be parents for about 5 minutes before our God-given roles kicked in.

So, I have been feeling a little unmotivated. I've been experiencing a bit of "morning" sickness, which I have learned is not limited to morning. At first I was simply exhausted, which has changed a little bit, but I am learning to take naps. (If you know me, I hate naps, I think they are unproductive) My pants are starting to get a little bit tight. AND, for the first time in our relationship, when Keith asks me what I feel like eating, I am able to make a decision!!!

I've been waiting to post our news. We were going to wait until the first trimester was over before we shared the big news with everyone, but we soon realized that it was not realistic. It's just such an exciting time and we were having a hard time keeping it to ourselves. Plus, our families were ready to burst with the secret.

So, YAY, we're going to have a baby!!!
YAY YAY YAY!
I get to join the mommy blogging club now! (Smiles)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...Corie gets to join the mommy club, and Keith the Daddy club...and me the 3x grandma club!! Yea Yea Yea

Unknown said...

Your mom is so excited. It's so cute.

I hope I was one of those mommy friends who gave you the reassurance. :) As you know, I'm so happy for you, Cor, and I officially forgive you for not coming to the party . . . hehe. Not too many more weeks and you will start feeling better. And when you are home ----- call me because I want to see your belly expanding! Cute little Corie with a belly -- I can't wait to see it!

Louise said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS SOOOOO EXCITING!!
So happy for you!!
Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! That is such exciting news! Here's to a healthy nine months!

God bless :)

Cerella said...

Congratulations Corie! You guys are gonna have a GORGEOUS baby!!! Can't wait to see belly pics! :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

I am so excited for you Corie! You are going to be an awesome mommy. I can't wait to read all about your pregnancy and wee one.

Congrats!

Sarah said...

Woo Hoo!!! You're due on my birthday! It's a really good day, I can assure you. :)

Congratulations! So glad you're back...and with such exciting news.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your happiness just jumps off the page and I started crying because I really, really needed to feel someone's happiness. This is one of the most exciting times in life and you're going to be such a good mommy! Yay, Corie!!!

Corie said...

Yes, Val, you were one of my encouraging Mommy friends! :)
Way encouraging!!!!

Juryizstillout said...

Congrats, darlin'! It's an exclusive club..LOL! I'm so happy for you!


Beth

Member since 1985