Friday, November 30, 2007

Abby Rae

One of my oldest, dearest friends, Tracy, had her baby girl yesterday morning.
Trace left me a message Thursday morning, letting me know that Baby Abby had arrived and that she had a lot to tell me about the delivery. Of course, I was dying to talk to her. (She lives in North Carolina, so I'm not able to visit them in the hospital). Abby arrived at 7:01am and weighed 7 lbs 13oz (and that was 3 weeks early!).

Trace had a hard labor and they had to turn off her epidural (OUCH!). Baby Abby had a few complications, but finally arrived. She had to be taken to the NICU and put on oxygen. Tracy only got to hold her brand new little girl for a few seconds before they took her away. When I talked to Trace later Thursday afternoon, she still hadn't been able to hold Abby, just being able to stroke her lil head and fingers in the NICU. I can't imagine how difficult this is for new parents. My heart just went out to Tracy and her husband Bart. It would be so hard to see your new baby and want more than anything to hold and kiss her and not be able to.

So, Tracy asked that I pray for Abby's vital signs to stay strong, for her breathing to improve and for no infection to invade her lil body. So, pray I did.

Good news- when I talked to Tracy today, Abby was doing better!!! She was taken off the oxygen. Mommy and Daddy got to hold her. She even ate twice today, even though it was small amount. Her WBC count is still high and they want to keep an eye out for any signs of pneumonia. They have really good doctors and medical care and they are taking every precaution to make sure that Abby is as healthy as she can be before they release her.

Tracy gets to go home tomorrow, but she will stay at the hospital as long as Abby needs to.
If you read this, just say a prayer for this family- Bart, Tracy, Emma(their other 2 and 1/2 year daughter) and Abby. I just pray that Abby grow stronger by the minute and that this family is able to be at home under one roof very soon.

Congratulations Tracy and Bart!! I can't wait to see pictures of precious Abby Rae!

3 comments:

Christy G said...

lifting this sweet family up in prayer right now!!! :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

Praying that little Abby gets to go home soon. My heart breaks for her parents. I know too well the pain of leaving your baby behind in the hospital. Keep us posted Corie.

PS: Which hospital is she in? If it is near Raleigh I would love to do something for the parents.

Unknown said...

I didn't know any of this. I'm so glad she is okay.

I don't know if you remember but I went through the same thing with Maia. I had a c-section so I didn't even get to hold her (your arms are strapped down in a c-section). She was taken straight to level II and stayed there for 2 days. I didn't get to hold Maia for two whole days. I didn't even get to be in the same room with her for that amount of time, either. It was hard. So very hard. So I understand completely.