Monday, March 3, 2008

Our weekend

Body Worlds 3 has been in St. Louis at the Science Center for a few months now. As soon as we heard the exhibit was coming to STL, we knew we wanted to go. For whatever reasons, every weekend brought excuses and we never made it. This weekend was the final weekend. We bought tickets for 9:30am Sunday morning.

I'm so glad we had the chance to go. It was really interesting and absolutely amazing to see the human body in such ways. Of course, my personal trainer/Biology teacher husband was uber-excited to see this exhibit! He was in heaven!

I was a little afraid that I would be kind of grossed out, but I wasn't at all. I was most excited to see the fetal development. They showed babies from 5 weeks to 32 weeks, in the different stages of development. I figured that would interest me the most, given my pregnant condition. It ended up being my least favorite part about the exhibit. It made me so sad that the little babies I was looking at didn't make it, didn't have a chance to be born.

But, all in all, we are both glad we went!

It was a beautiful day yesterday- 74 degrees and sunny. Today is dreary and raining, with freezing rain and sleet coming later, switching over to 3-6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Spring cannot come fast enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is the same exhibit that was in Las Vegas when I was there a few years back. I was not sure it was something I'd ever want to see.

And I totally understand about spring not coming fast enough. I just wish it would get above 0 degrees here. That would be great!