Monday, September 22, 2008

So Far To Go.....

Lately, I've been convicted about my growth as a Christian.

I'm not putting the time and effort into my relationship with God and my walk as a Christian.

I'm going to change that. Starting today.

God has really been speaking to me lately. Showing me little ways of change. I haven't been listening. The most amazing thing is, I know He forgives me. I know He is waiting for me and will continue to wait for me. I know no matter how many times I screw up, He will always be right there.

So, I am really ready to give Him the time, love and honor He deserves. It is the least I can do.

I've decided to wake up a little early so I can have morning devotional time. Keith and I will try to read a chapter from the Bible at night, but I don't make time to read on my own. I know that it is imperative that I be in the Word every day. I find time to do so many other things that aren't nearly as important. And, what better way to start my day than with time alone with God?

So, today's devotional was Galatians 5:22-23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control"

Um, yeah.....it's a good thing I am going to work on this. I lack in so many of those areas. It has been glaring evident to me lately.

So, today I will pray that the Spirit continue to fill me with those fruits. I pray that I will show love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control in all I say and do.

I know that I won't magically transform over just one day, but I also know that if I am diligent and obedient in this, God will renew me. I'm just thankful that He gives me the chance.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you, Corie! It's so hard, especially as a new mama, to get up earlier than you already do.

I've been struggling with the same issue, thank you for this post and your encouraging words.

AJU5's Mom said...

I totally understand where you are. I am taking a class through our church that has a daily reading schedule - and I am still behind. I think about reading, but then I put it off. Reading your post just now has made me decide I should get caught up ASAP (after I post here).

Thank you - and I will be praying that the motivation you have now will stay with you!

R.A.M. head on! said...

very good post, I think we all need to do this!!!

There was a song this year at KBK that had that verse in it, and a very kind friend put it on a CD for us and we listen to it all the time...it is a very fun song for kids. I think they have the KBK songs in the bookstore at church.

Jennifer said...

Good for you Corie! I pray you continue to grow through His priceless teaching and be a witness to others:) That's what were here for to spread his teaching to everyone and be ready fr His second coming....which in my mind is coming soon. Me and my husband have been studying Revelations...it's a hard study but woow how things are planning out just as he says...Awesome!!

You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Alexis Jacobs said...

What an inspirational post. I can't wait to watch you grow even more in your faith.