Monday, December 4, 2006

Braggin' Rights

Keith, on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Can I just take time to post an entry about how wonderful my husband is?

Keith and I have been together for just over 9 years. We got married on our 8 year anniversary and just celebrated our first anniversary as husband and wife on Sept. 24. He didn't do anything out of the ordinary today (as a matter of fact, I saw him for literally 2 minutes today), but he doesn't have to do anything out of the ordinary. I am so blessed to be married to this amazing man. He is not like most men. He is open about his feelings- he tells me at least 100 times a day that he loves me. He is very complimentary- not a day goes by that he doesn't tell me I am beautiful or thoughtful or "his little genius". He is considerate- if I am not feeling well, he tends to my every need. He does all of our laundry, he cooks (so do I, but Sunday breakfasts are his meal!), he sleeps on his back so I can have my "spot", and he lets me control the remote (most of the time). I try to tell him that I think the world of him and know I am so lucky to be his wife, but I thought that it might be a nice gesture to tell everyone else how I feel about him.

I know that we have a relationship built on a solid foundation, a lasting foundation. We can talk about life's biggest questions, we can laugh, we can sit in silence- it doesn't really matter what we do as long as we are together. I can totally be myself with Keith and I know that he can totally be himself with me. (I think we are both starting to take on each other's "weirdnesses" as time goes on) I never get tired of hearing him unlock the front door after he has been at work all day. That is my favorite part of the day- hearing him come home to me.

Keith supports me 110%. Anything I want to do, he is behind me, encouraging me, cheering me on. His support helps me in ways he will never know. I KNOW I am incredibly fortunate to have such a husband. I know there are many women out there that do not have supportive husbands. I am SO thankful for Keith!

Sometimes it still blows my mind that I met the man of my dreams at age 18 in a college dorm. But, that was God's plan and it is perfect. Neither one of us can believe that we have already spent 9 years together- time truly does fly when you are having fun. I am not saying there haven't been rough patches, but we appreciate the rough patches because they allow us to grow as a couple.

So, if you have made it through my lil "ode to Keith" entry, thank you. Thanks for reading about how much I love my husband. He deserves for everyone to know just how special he is.

Love you baby!
XOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are indeed very blessed that God has Keith to be your mate!!!
He is lucky as well.
Love ya

Sarah said...

Love this post. Guess that means you guys just had another anniversary huh? Happy Anniversary!

I really hope you get your comments emailed to you or this will be lost forever! :)