Sunday, December 3, 2006

Tea- a drink with jam and bread.......

I have found a new love... hot tea. Coffee has always been my hot beverage of choice. I love my coffee. But, I had a sore throat this week and for some reason, I decided to see if a lil hot tea would sooth it. I had some green tea with honey at home, and figured, why not?! So, brewed myself up a cup 'o tea. One sip was all it took- I was hooked! Now I am drinking the green tea, peppermint tea, chamomile tea, wild berry zinger.. just about anything I can get my hands on. One day I think I had at least 5 cups of hot tea! I made Keith try some and he is hooked too!! After his first cup he said, "Man, I think you are onto something with this hot tea thing". The best part? No caffeine or calories! How can you beat that?

Don't get my wrong, I will continue to have my cup or two of coffee in the morning, but my afternoons and evenings are reserved for hot tea! I was at the grocery store today, just standing in the tea aisle, looking at all the choices!

So, if you share my new found love for hot tea and you have a favorite type.. send me a comment and let me know.
Writing about tea has made me thirsty... think I will go put on a pot of water!

(Oh, one of the best parts about the tea... the box comes with quotes! One of my favorites is....
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
Ralph Waldo Emerson)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm still a coffee drinker but do like to have a cup of tea every once in a while and my faves are TAZO teas. Green tea is my very favorite tea. Not a fan of Earl Gray (yuck!). Have you had Chai Tea? Oh my goodess...soo good. Especially now during the winter months...it's really good iced, too. Starbucks has some yummy choices..and you can get the Chai made perfect there. I recommend it! Have fun with your teas!!