Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

A mom is a very special person. She should demonstrate integrity, honesty, faithfulness, compassion, humor, and love. She has to be able to discipline, yet be fun loving at the same time. She has to watch her children make mistakes, but be confident in the fact that they will learn from their mistakes and grow stronger because of them. She will know joy and heartache as a result of her children. A mom spends her life watching her sons and daughters become who they were meant to be.

Since I am not a mom, it is sometimes difficult for me to grasp the overwhelming-ness of being a mom. I imagine it to be one of the most rewarding, yet difficult roles in life. I do believe that God chooses very special women for this task.

I believe He chose one of the most special women to be my mom.
She is simply amazing. She raises two daughters on her own. I have no idea how hard it was to work full time, and then come home to two little girls, make dinner, do laundry, give baths, pay bills, grocery shop, and put us to bed, only to get up the next day and start it all over again. I suppose my mom spend a good chunk of our childhood wishing for just a few more minutes of sleep! (smiles)
Even though she was a single mom, she always made time for us. She did little things that made us feel like we were the most special little girls on the earth. She would mow a baseball diamond into the backyard so we could run the "bases". She would let us help plant marigolds in the front yard. She took us on bike rides and the beach. She always gave us hugs and kisses and told us how much she loved us.

Sometimes I think that my mom wishes things could have been different for us. Sometimes I think she wishes we had our dad around or she didn't have to work so much. I want my mom to know that I wouldn't change a thing about our upbringing. I believe that my sister and I had a wonderful and loving home to grow up in. I want my mom to know that I appreciate all she sacrificed for us. I will always be grateful to her. I will probably never fully grasp all she endured to raise us.

I can't be with my mom today, on this day we honor our mothers. I hope that she feels honored not only today, but every day.
I am thankful for the example she set for me. I hope to follow in her footsteps one day with my own children.
Thank you Mom, for all you have done and all you continue to do. I love you always!
May God continue to bless you for all that you do for others!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corie, that was a wonderful blog. I certainly do not deserve it. You made me smile & laugh....You & your sister, Dot, have been doing that my whole life.
You are my life & I love you both very much.

Tears & smiles,
MOM

Unknown said...

What a fabulous amazing momma you have!