Sunday, September 28, 2008

Closing

We get our house!!!

Remember that? We were trying to buy a house..... I know, I had practically forgotten too.

We had to switch banks, but it ended up being a huge blessing because everything is less expensive for us. Closing costs, insurance, our monthly payments.

Our closing date is Wednesday, October 1. Oh, how exciting.

I did have one minute when I freaked out- thinking about the economy. I wondered if we were absolutely crazy for going down to one income and purchasing a house. But, the thought was gone because we have prayed about both situations and we feel that this is where God wants us now.

Now we have to pick out paint colors......

7 comments:

Lilypad Mom said...

Congratulations! What a huge step, but definitely a good one. Will we get to see pictures of the house?

SSU said...

Your experience seems to be similar to what we went through buying our current house. I recommend starting some finger exercises so you hands don't cramp up signing all of the papers.

Congrats!

Beth said...

Congrats, sweetie! I know how excited you are!

Sarah said...

Woo hoo! I remember panicking too after Josh and I bought our house. We were laying in bed, I think it was the first week we were there and I told him I didn't think we could make the payments. Silly me.

So awesome that you are at peace about it.

And painting is the best part of owning your own home!

stacey @ happyarewe said...

Congratulations! The nice thing about doing things according to God's timing is that you don't have to worry too much about what is happening in *man's* time (ie: the economy). I'm sure everything will be great! Good luck with the move!

Louise said...

That is awesome!
CONGRATS!!!

Erin said...

Congratulations, Corie! That is so exciting!!