Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Road Rage

I have been realizing lately that I do not like myself when I am driving. I know that I am not a patient person, but for some reason, this lack of patience, as well as a lack of tolerance, really shows when I am driving.

Let's take a normal day. I leave for work around 7:30am. Usually I am running about 5 minutes late for work. I have a lot of 4 way stops on my way to work. One of the most frustrating things to me is sitting at a 4 way while people try to figure out who's turn it is next. (I know I am going to sound completely rude and mean, so I apologize in advance, but it's the rage) In my head I am thinking "how hard is it? you pull up to the stop sign and if someone was there first, let them go, otherwise it is your turn". I know, I know.... awful of me.
Don't even get me started on people who drive slow in the left lane on the interstate.......

Anyways, I am not sure if living in the city magnifies the road rage or if it is age or some other reason. All I know is, it is definitely getting worse. Keith gets the pleasure of listening to me complain about other drivers when I call him on my way to work. Poor guy. Sometimes I try to think that maybe they have an emergency or maybe they are older, but most of the time I just get mad. Ridiculous isn't it? To let something as trivial as a 4 way stop frustrate me.

So, I think this will be one of my New Year's Resolutions.... to banish the road rage. I am not sure how I will accomplish this, but it needs to be done! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testing, testing, 123.....