Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bookworm


I love books. I love to read. I have had a love for books for as long as I can remember.

Children's books are some of my favorites. I think it is because I have such fond memories of reading certain books as a child. E.B. White, Beverly Cleary, Ronald Dahl, Madeline L'Engle, Judy Blume, Shel Silverstein...

A bookstore near our home is going out of business and had books 40% off! I, being a book lover, could not pass this up. I found the cutest lil children's book called The Peace Book by Todd Par.

I bought the book for a friend and ended up going back to the store and buying the last book in stock for our future child (no, we are pregnant right now, but someday...). The book says things like "peace is having enough pizza in the world for everyone", "peace is keeping the water blue for all the fish", "peace is giving shoes to someone who needs them", "peace is giving someone a hug". It really is the cutest book and the illustrations are great for lil kids. I like to give books as gifts and this is definitely going to be added to my list of great books to give! Check out his website at www.toddparr.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love him! We have "The Feelings Book" and it's just the cutest!