Thursday, March 8, 2007


Ok, now I have more time to officially introduce myself as a hostess.....
My name is Corie. I am 28 and live in St. Louis, MO. I am married to a very special man, Keith. We started dating at the beginning of our second year in college. We dated for 6 years before he proposed and we (finally!) got married on our 8 year anniversay- September 24, 2005. So, we will be celebrating our 2nd (or 10th, depending on how you look at it) anniversary this fall. We don't have any children yet, but hope to become parents someday. We did think about getting a dog, but living in a city apartment is not the ideal place to raise a puppy.

Three of the most important things in my life are God, family and friends. I have been blessed in all three areas of my life.

I work for the City of St. Louis Department of Health in the STD/HIV/Hepatitis Services Department. I mostly do HIV Education, HIV Testing and the monitoring of our HIV Prevention Grants. My job is interesting and rewarding, but I do want to go back to school to become an elementary teacher. I am finding it difficult to motivate myself to go back to a classroom after almost 6 years, but I am almost certain that teaching might be my true calling.

A few of my necessities include; coffee, chocolate, hugs and kisses from my husband, my camera, music, church, books, email, chapstick, my ipod, water and Grey's Anatomy. I am currently trying to break the shopping addiction (as you can read in earlier posts).

As I mentioned before, I am a new blogger, but it is quickly becoming an addiction. I don't have many other blogger friends (yet), but am excited about the "party" and the opportunity to meet other bloggers.

Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to meeting all of you!!!
Have a great day! :)


**New posts below**

6 comments:

ray ray said...

ummm, i'm just sending you a comment (which i can do frequently now!!??) that i'm trying to start posting again... i have one new one, short and to the point.....

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Thanks for stopping by! It's so nice to meet you!

Stephanie Appleton said...

Nice to meet you! And I am happy to tell you that you won a jar of Blackberry Jam!

Please email me your address.
stkappleto at hotmail.com

Alexis Jacobs said...

Congrats on your winning!!

Brandie said...

Hello! It's so nice to stop by and meet you.
I have been to the St. Louis Art Museum (I'm from the Chicago area) and LOVED it. You guys have a great nature park/museum/area down there as well! =)
Good luck with the decision on whether to go back to school or not! I know in Illinois you cna start teaching on just a bachelors degree so you might want to find out more information on that and use that as a way to test the waters out!

Unknown said...

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!